The Grand Mistress of Grey Hound! part 1

 Hi everyone!

First cosplay-making-of-post for current year, yay! Next con I'm going to attend is most likely Kummacon in May, but since Desucon would be held in very next month, I better start working on cosplays now while I still can! First project I'm tackling is Vex'halia from The Legend of Vox Machina! :3 I'm a huge fan of Critical Role and just love the show so much! Let's get started!

The half-elf ranger in question 

I figured I'd start from the tunic. I used my basic pattern that I modified a little bit by adding like 5 cm to the neckline and of course the long pieces to the front and back. 
Side note, I actually wanted to start from the shoes so I could get that done and over with, but I don't have enough fabrics right now, so I guess I'll suffer later lol.

I found some leftover fabrics from my storage for the tunic. Some satin-cotton-blend thing, it's as little shiny, but not too much. I also had a little bit of that navy blue for the collar and those tiny sleeves. :)

Front panels laying on the floor

Testing the overall fit.

While I was working on the tunic I also worked on the fur on Vex's shoulder. I had a piece just big enough for this, felt lucky af. It was cut a little from here and there, but I stitched it together. The result was this nice cup-shape that sits on my shoulder! :3 After sewing, I brushed the fur.

The cuts the piece had. One side stitched. I attach it to my shoulder with snap buttons.

I winged the collar kind of. Free-handed the patterns and made it work. It's aight.

The black long sleeve under that brown glove is literally just a tube with white trim. I hand stitched them in an evening. Fabrics used are very these elastic leftover fabrics. I might have to take some cm's in so it really hugs my arm, but for now it works. I'm gonna tweak it later when I'm done with the whole costume. If I tweak it now, I might tweak all the other parts too and never advance to anything else and nothing gets done.

Nvm the wine bottle in the background lol :'D

After this I quickly made the little feather accessory behind her ear. I sketched it roughly on paper and made the thing our of foam. Basically the same technique I used for Guild Marm's hairband. I primed the foam feather with glue and painted both sides with acrylics. Simple! I'm going to just pin it onto my wig. 

The wig I used for Vex is this dark brown lace front wig I originally bought for Jill Valentine. Nothing wrong with the wig itself, the color is just too dark for Jill I think, but it's perfect for Vex! ^^

This was the wig straight out of bag, no styling much. Lace is cut.

First thing I did was I cut the orange tips. The wigs curls really bounced after every cut! After that I had to determine the side part and shape the front part. Then I just braided the rest and fluffed it up a little.

Mirror selfie~

Oh darling!

So this is the progress so far. Next month I can order fabrics needed for the belt(s), gloves and boots! Also I gotta start planning the prop. The bow would be nice, but also her bear companion, Trinket plush is really appealing idea to me. We'll see! x)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Possible Genshin Impact cosplans

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Desucon 2023 Summary~