Guildmarm/Sophia WIP

 Hi everyone! ^^


Long time no see! I've been super busy with work and moving in, but I'm trying to balance my life now so that I have more time to actually be creative and work on costumes a little more. I try to make progress everyday, doesn't matter how small. Sometimes it's literally just one layer of paint or a little bit of hand stitching, but it's better than nothing, right? 

Today I wanted to show off some progress I've made on Guildmarm or Sophia from Monster Hunter 4. It's honestly about time I make a MonHun-cosplay! Also about time to do a cosplay makeup test! Haven't practiced cosplay makeup in such a long time and it shows... ^^'' Makeup is all about practice after all, heh. Sadly I don't have all the progress pics I needed, but here's at least some of them. Enjoy!

The base jacket...

Added details! (missing lining)
The jacket was definitely the most difficult part so far! Not that I've done that much, but regardless! The lining ended up being a piece of work (probably 'cause I was a little drunk while cutting and sewing oooooops). It wasn't a terrible mess though, easy fix in the next morning I woke up.

I wasn't sure how to do the "patches"/emblems on her jacket and headdress. I've seen people make them into fabric patches, but also some making them look like they're metallic. 

Looking at this I ended up making them out of foam and give it a metallic look with paint.





 
I know it looks rough, but it looks fine attached on the jacket.

Stuff for the headdress. I just basically built it on a regular hairband.

The base before I glued it on the band.

The wig looks super messy here. The feather was made out of foam as well.

I cut the patterns for the scarf and before sewing I tested it out first. It was pretty simple. ^^

And now to the makeup test!

I don't have the right shirt yet, so a basic white dress shirt had to do.

I feel like the makeup was ok, I really like the base. I might go with a smaller pair of lenses though, these ones are too cutesy for what I was originally going for.

This is what I actually looked like when I took the photos. :'D Sophia is rocking some comfy pyjama pants!

This is it for today. I honestly almost lost motivation to continue with her almost, until I tested my progress all together and saw an actual costume taking a little form. It actually looks like a cosplay almost! x) Moving on to the shirt! See you later~❤

Comments

  1. Omg I'm honestly so excited for this! The world needs more MonHun cosplays! :'D Looks great so far and agfsdgfs you're so cute. ;_; Will you make a Brachydios to accompany you though, that's the real question? Or at least her doodle notebook with questionable materials in it? xD No but really, I really should make a MonHun cosplay too, one day I'll do Ace Commander... send help pls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We definitely need more of them monsters and hunters! <3 I'm trying to get my bf to make a brachydios gijinka or something XD Would be perfection! But if not, then I'll just doodle in my notebook, actual notes.. definitely... nothing sketchy..lol

      I'll send some palicoes on your way! =';'=

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master

Desucon 2023 Summary~