Tracon 2022 Summary

 Hi everyone!

I originally didn't plan to write any con summaries. Mainly because I'm too busy to do so, but now after Holidays I don't have much planned soooo.. here we are!

So Tracon 2022 was held 2.-4.9 once again in Tampere. This year they announced some changes in the rules (restricting cosplays with realistic military outfits and props over 30 cm). I wasn't planning any military cosplays anyway, but I do admit that the new rules were very confusing and there definitely were questions left unanswered.

The first day of the con we started traveling early in the morning. Arrived somewhere around noon to Tampere and changed to cosplays. I cosplayed School Traumerei version of Atago from Azur Lane. The costume was very comfy and easy to move around. Will bring her again if there's other AL-cosplayers with me. :3

Can you tell we're tired?

Atago ready to go!

The line for the con wristbands was long, but the it also moved in a good pace, so we didn't have to wait for too long. Very big props for the workers there! You were really nice. :3

We went from the back door when Tampere Talo opened, so I can't say if this is true, but I heard some staff bullying con goers in the front doors when it opened. I heard some workers were aggressively grabbing someones wrist and tightening the wristband. Also I heard one cosplayer got touched inappropriately.
Even if this isn't how it happened, it's very worrying even hearing something like this. However, I saw how some staff lashed on to congoers when asked questions on their social medias before the con. For the future I really hope cons take a good look on their staffs social medias and do some kind of background checks. This kind of behavior doesn't make any congoer feel safe and these are the people you're supposed to turn to when there's a problem. Yikes!

Overall we did manage to have fun. We went to see the opening act and I absolutely loved the dance and light shows! I hope to see them both later again in the future! :3 The rest was ok, mainly just acting out what you can do in the con and so on. Then it just kind of ends? Like suddenly. No "Hope you have a fun/safe con" or anything like that. I'm sure this wasn't a problem for many, but to us it was just weird I guess.
Idoru! ^^

After opening we took some pics of my Atago. Nothing major really. Just something I could post to my insta, lol. After that it was ramen-date and two more panels! :3 One of them being "Genshin Impact and their problematic fans" that we went to see with a friend of ours (huge fan of GI), since me and my bf don't play genshin that much lol. It was still interesting I think and I learned something about Chinese folklore.
Other one was FFXIV Stand-up comedy. The beginning was a little slow, but I'm sure the comedian was just nervous. It turned out well and once the crowd joined in it was a lot of fun! ^^

I have no pics from the panels, but have a picture of me as Atago.

The next day I put on my Mitsuri cosplay from Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba (without a sword since "props over 30cm were not allowed unless they break on impact", yeah I don't know that that means). The cosplay was overall nice, I just have to remake the shoes since they were really uncomfortable. Also I'd like the white haori to be amde out of lighter fabric and the wig needs to be thinned. Other than that I would love to bring her again.

Here is she! I got complimented by another Mitsuri cosplayer and I'll cherish that moment for the rest of my life, thank you so much, you were so nice to me äääääää!

Sadly because of the shoes and heavy wig I really couldn't wear her for long so I just snapped a quick selfie and went back to airbnb and changed to Makima! My bf wanted to take a nap anyway, so this worked just fine!


We saw some musical shows this time rather than panels. First we saw Unreality Symphonic Stories which was great! I almost started crying in the beginning when they played a song from OCTOPATH Traveler! Me and my brother are fans of these games and I really didn't expect it at all! Also the Dave Rodgers/anime meme finale was so funny and a great finish for such an emotional journey.


During Unreality we decided to go see Tolkuton plays Moomin Metal. It was a fun show and so nostalgic! The music was iconic Tales from the Moomin Valley soundtrack metal covers. I had a blast listening and watching the show. You can find Tolkuton's Moomin music covers and other work here.  

 \m/

After this I think we went to Maid Cafe. We didn't get to go in Desucon, so we had to try it here. The lines were quite long though, but maid cafe's are popular for a reason. Especially if the service is as good with every maid as it was with ours. I'm a little sad I didn't get a polaroid taken. Definitely will next time!

On Sunday we didn't do much since our train left at 3 pm. I think. We did get a lot of merch and my bf got more manga to his collection. ^^



bf got me these as a little present for me :'') Love 'em!

Bonus!

Oh no

So overall Tracon was fun, but I am worried how some of the workers/volunteers allegedly acted. Also with the cosplay restrictions there were some inconsistencies. Like someone's cardboard sign getting rejected but big props were not? I don't know how this happened, but it should not be a thing. I'm interested how it's going to be next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master

Desucon 2023 Summary~