Kummacon 2021!

 Hi everyone~

After two years we finally got an actual convention not too far from where I live! I was happy to see Kummacon coming back in Oulu, I've missed it so much and it was a great way to start con-going again since it's a small event. 

Since I finished Ada's dress (and made the necklace too) I decided to take her there, though I didn't take any proper photos of her. Small dress plus winter doesn't really go together, so I'll wait until Spring or Summer to photoshoot her. Also I'm still missing the weapon and weapon harness AND I need a better wig! I felt awful wearing the wig I tried to style, the fibers are destroyed and the cut didn't really save it. Only thing it's good for is donating wefts, so not completely useless.

A morning selfie I took on Saturday before hitting the con

This time Kummacon was held 27.-28.11 at Hiukkavaaratalo. When me and my boyfriend were done with our morning routines, we headed to the con. Shiro Samurai and Firith joined us later when they were done with their photoshoot session (they slept at Shiro's aunt's place while me and my bf took an Airbnb), but before that I thought it would be a good idea to check the venue before picking my friends up (and also get a cup of coffee). We traveled to Oulu by my car, since our airbnb had a free parking space.

Sadly my camera didn't show any of the venue pics I took, but Shiro Samurai has a good amount in his Kummacon Summary, so you can check them there! ❤

We didn't do much at the con really. It had a nice hangout kind of vibe so I spent most of my time there walking around and looking at other cosplayers! I didn't expect to see so many! It honestly kind of kicked my cosplay inspiration even more and I definitely am planning something fun for the holidays! More on that later though.
The cafe was very nice and I definitely enjoyed not only coffee but the oh-so-good-vegan sandwiches! The carrot-parsnip puree was so delicious! 

Firith was took this amazing photo of me and my bf (the sandwich lol) ❤

Sadly we didn't watch any panels. Just didn't find anything I personally found interesting. I was considering joining the cosplay competition, but with so many pieces missing and my wig being a mess, I decided not to. Maybe next time! So I ended up spending most of my weekend with my bf, checking stuff from the Artist's Alley. He was there with me mainly to keep me sane and not blow all my money in there, lol!

Found this piece interesting and it'll look great on my hallway wall :3

I needed that Bloodhound sticker on my laptop, my bf needed a spider and a demon grandpa.

Bunch of acrylic charms and magnets.

I needed that cat watching me like that when I drink my morning coffee. Also you notice something.. sus? 👀

Obanai and Mitsuri from Demon Slayer bought from Urumi. We're supposed to cosplay them soon ❤

My bf's loot. He got that Keijo Teuras comic book autographed by the artist!

And some stuff from Fantasiapelit and Pelimies :)

Over all I had a good time in Kummacon and will definitely come next year, hopefully with more weather/season appropriate cosplay! It was a small event, but we still found ourselves stressing over it before and after the traveling. Any bigger con would've been too overwhelming really. After all, it has been two years without any events. Next project would probably be a holiday/winter themed photoshoot and getting started on my Summer cosplays too.

See you soon!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the car ride and company! It was so refreshing to be back at a con after two years! Kummacon was perfect "soft (re)start". :D
    Just hmu if you need a photog for Ada shoot in the future~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master

Desucon 2023 Summary~