Lady in red dress remake

 Hello!

So if you don't know, I've been planning on cosplaying Ada Wong from Resident Evil for a while now. It has been a little difficult choosing which version though, until Resident Evil 2 Remake came out. It took some for me to accept the new design, I don't take these things too lightly, but I ended up loving her new dress after playing! So I want to go with that. :3 I might do the RE4 -version too at some point, but that's for another time. I was adamant to get this cosplay done since *gasp* Resident Evil 25 years anniversary this year! Wooop! So this is my way to celebrate that a little. ^^

The red dress version is the one I'm making. it would be fun to either make or buy the jacket also! :3

I started from her hair, so it was another wig-cutting time. I've cut a wig for her before, but this new hairstyle is different, so it's not going to work for me. The wig I used was this super old black wig that I washed and tried to redeem. I like the cut from the front and the sides, the back I think I cut too short though.. :s Honestly the quality of that wig isn't that good anyway and I'm planning on getting a new one at some point, but for now, this shall do I have an event coming. I think I can fix it a little with got2b glued gel or hairspray.... just to flatten the back. Unless someone is selling a short/medium length black wig? 

So now the very thing our worst spy ever is very well known for... the red dress! I used some existing patterns I have lying around. I had modify the neckline to make it deeper and adjust the back patterns. The fabric I used for the red dress was a slightly stretchy satin material. I didn't want my dress to be matte, since it obviously has some shine to it. I really liked how soft the shine is in this fabric. ❤ 

The only thing with this fabric is that it looks completely different in photos all the time. These are screen shots of the material I took with my phone. My Olympus camera turns this fabric red, no matter what, but phone has more variation apparently... Neither of these pics match the actual color.

This was the very base of that dress. Very simple, but I had to adjust the shoulder straps so they won't slide to my arms. I don't want to be pulling shoulder straps or any part of the costume to any direction, I just want things to fit properly. 

The black parts of the dress I ended up making as a simple crop top from stretchy matte black material. I just felt like it made more sense than just adding those few pieces of black that are visible. I attached it to the main red dress by hand stitching. Took me about one season of Bojack Horseman to finish. I work slowly. ^^''

Once I finished all the basics of the dress, I added the wrinkles. I used elastic thread to achieve this.

Finally I crafted the bow from black satin ribbon.
Pretty simple little thing, but that was the cherry on top of a cake.

All together! Yay!

Also makeup test attempt! I need to practice before I take Ada to cons...

I'm super happy to finally finish a proper Resident Evil cosplay (I've done some closet versions in the past..). This game series means so much to me, it's honestly hard for me to put into words. ❤ I'm going to start working on her necklace next and weapon next, so I'll have a full set soon. See ya later! :) 


Comments

  1. Looks great! It's always such a treat to cosplay a cherished character. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master

Desucon 2023 Summary~