Lady in red dress

Hello cosplayers!

The Holidays are over and it's time to start working again. I have another internship to go through, let's hope I do well. During my vacation I fucked up my sleeping schedule and just couldn't sleep at all until morning. Since I couldn't get any sleep I decided to work on something to keep my mind occupied, not today anxiety and paranoia! Since I was going to work on Ada Wong from RE4 I decided to actually get started and styled the wig. I had this Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach) wig lying around without any purpose, I decided to cut and style her. 

Here's the wig, I don't think this has been cut or styled at all. 

Once I set everything I started to search for reference pics from RE4's Ada and take consideration other games versions of her too. Her hairstyle doesn't change too much except for length differences. 


 Our lovely lady in red dress...

...and this was my setup. A makeshift wig stand. I used my beanie and filled it with scarfs and other pieces of fabric I could find. Then shoved it to my water bottle. It was a little unstable and funky, but it did the job. :) Now this wig was very thick when I started cutting. Basically that mullet had to go and I had to make it way thinner so it would look little more natural. It took me about two hours and when I tried it on my own head I had to do some adjustments on the bangs and sides. All the work was very worth it though cuz I'm happy with the result...



 Kind of reminds me of my own hair really, but in cosplay I do prefer wigs. Just gives that little extra to the costume. Tomorrow I'll start patterning the dress! Thank you for reading and stay tuned :)

Comments

  1. Uuh yeah, looks good! I prefer wigs too although with some realistic hairstyles that require lacefronts etc it feels like it's stupidly hard to find something that looks good enough sometimes lmao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 8) And yeah I agree. I feel especially with realistic looking characters with very natural hair color to be a pain in the ass to find a wig. Big oof.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master

Desucon 2023 Summary~