Närcon Summer 2016 - Cosplay turned to coldplay

Hi babes!

It's finally time for me to talk about Närcon Sommar 2016 (28-31 July)! My group included Shiro Samurai, Karri and Vicktor. Bunch of awesome people.
So, me, Shiro Samurai  and Karri drove from Haparanda to Umeå on Tuesday (the first day of con would be Thursday), and spent a night at Vicktor's place. This made things a lot easier since we all would have a long trip ahead. There isn't really much to say about the trip. Everything went well I think. So let's fast forward when we actually reached Linköping

This bridge tho! Just saying.

We arrived on Wednesday, a day before convention. This made everything easier, since we got our tickets a bit earlier and we were able to sleep and rest until the actual convention started.
Finding the camping at first sure was a bitch, but we found it soon and got to set up the tent, throw our stuff in there and sleep. Sure we checked the actual con area for a while. 

Thursday

We woke up, all sweaty. So of course we went to the showers. What I got to hear from a few people in showers was that things were a lot better last year. This years shower facilities weren't that good compared to last years. I can understand that. I wasn't in Närcon last year, but from what I've heard from other fellow congoers, things sure haven't gone to better. Situation in short version; More people in camping -> Less showers. That sucks.

I went all casual that day and it was fine. I wasn't too inspired to cosplay anyway. What I did during the day was strolling through convention with Shiro Samurai. 

Of course there just had to be Pokémon go -teams drawn :'DD

My beautiful piece of art. When will I grow up?


Dining area and you can also see the Campus road behind it.

The Campus road

There isn't really that much to tell about Thursday. We strolled around the area, ate pasta kebab and at some point actually found ourselves at the Artist's Alley. It was quite close to the "real convention area". A lot closer than camping area. And it was cool. We found some cool stuff and shit!


Adorable amigurumi figures!

 When it got late and dark, we headed back to camping, crawled to our tent and went to sleep. Or at least tried. You see, it was cold af during the night! Usually when you go camping at that time of the year, it's nice and cool. It's usually the morning that's difficult, but this time the night-time was difficult too. I forgot my pillows and blankets and didn't even bring any extra clothing (like wool socks) 'cause it's so hot and I wouldn't need them anyways.. I've never been so wrong in my entire life. I still regret that.
Friday

And just like Thursday morning, we woke up sweaty. Shiro Samurai and I woke up before Karri, so we went to the con building to get ourselves some breakfast. Pancakes were the cheapest option, and didn't sound too bad.
That's my face when I get pancakes.
Mänkki is pleased

After breakfast we strolled the convention again. Not only because there might be some new stuff to get, but also because we were waiting for the Sun to go down a bit. It was a hot day and at least I don't want to sweat too much in a cosplay.

Figures from the figurine room

KanColle waifus



It didn't take too long until the Sun was settles enough. We headed back to the camping and put our cosplays on, or at least most of it, basically we put our cosplay makeup in the con building, in a toilet. My costume for that day was Fiona from Haunting Ground.

Photographer: Shiro Samurai
Fiona: Me




Fiona sure was comfortable to wear, and I'm pretty sure I'll wear her again, I'll just get a new wig and fix it a little bit. 
After taking a few photos, we kept walking around the con. We also got to meet some new faces. Shout out to the German Touken Ranbu cosplayers! You guys were so lovely and I hope we'll meet again!

League of Legends hats and poro's <3

Some posters hanging on there

One of the outdoor areas 

Hammocks and people chillin'

My inner child woke up

 Main building's entrance

At the main building's entrance was Bandai Namco gaming booth where you could give Tekken 7 and Tales of Berseria games a go. I did play Tekken 7 for a while after being pressured by Shiro Samurai and some other guy who was playing. I got beaten up by Asuka all the time basically, but overall it was fun to try some of the new characters. I kinds liked Lucky Chloe before, but now I like her even more since I was able to win one battle against that Asuka. I'm still proud of that XD

The Gaming Booth

Just like the day before, when it got late, cold and dark it was time for us to go back to the camping area, back the tent. This night wasn't that cold, so it was not too bad.

Saturday

I was supposed to cosplay as Super Sonico, but forgot the headphones in the car, so I just took blue yukata and put on a wig and just rolled with it. The Odd thing about this morning was we didn't see Karri that morning at all. ._.

Selfie!

I want to remember it being Saturday when me and Shiro Samurai tried to find a surprise for my little brother, My brother is a huge fan of the Final Fantasy franchise, but we couldn't find merchandise from the series. That was super strange 'cause as far as I can remember there's always been a lot more stuff from the series. Now that we were searching, we didn't come up to that many, I personally remember the Cloud figurine. That's it. Well, good thing my he also like Marvel and DC, we were able to find this Harley Quinn mug. I was so happy that he liked it. x)

I will get that shrimp some day

People were having a lot of fun expressing they're art skills x)

Beautiful 

At some point of the day I got these cramps on my stomach and my legs were soo, so hurt, I went to the convention nurse, and I gotta say, I was super nervous going there, but the nurse I got was super nice and helpful. Soon I was able to walk again and thanks for the painkillers she gave me, didn't suffer from cramps that much. :)

Guess which one of the artworks is mine.

Tentacles.

Pile(s) of cards

Shiro Samurai got tired of wearing his Ibuki cosplay, so we decided to go change our clothes. He changed to his Greece cosplay and I rolled with Batman shirt and a black skirt.
After the change we headed back to the convention and found this Hetalia meet up. Since Shiro Samurai was cosplaying Greece, of course we went to it x)

JUST LOOK AT THE PLUSH I GOT FROM ONE OF THE COSPLAYERS

We spent some time with the group, but when it split up, me and Shiro Samurai went to Pokémon Gaiden to play some Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

Inside the pokémon gaiden

That's pretty much how we spent rest of the evening. We took a look at the party that was going outside, but didn't participate, since we aren't really that kind of people ^^''


People were raving hard x)

Sunday

Waking up was difficult, but we had to pack our stuff and dismantle the tent. Vicktor drove the car closer to the camping so getting our stuff in there would be a lot easier.
Me and Shiro Samurai wanted to get Donkey Kong drinks from the josbar, but they didn't really have ingredients left, so our hopes of getting those fell there. We went to the con building again to see what's going on. The sellers had a lot of offers and I remember buying one of those face censor masks with Resident Evil's Umbrella corporation logos on it. It might come handy later.

After checking stuff out, we went back to the car, and started our journey back to Umeå. We would spend a night in there and continue back home from there the next day. 

Overall the convention was fun and I enjoyed it a lot. Next time I just gotta remember to bring more blankets and pillows and wool socks and everything to keep me warm e_e The coldness was unbearable.
Also I do hope Närcon will fix the shower facilities.

That should be all I have to say about this journey. Blogger actually crashed at some point as I was writing this, so yeah, I got a bit pissed off right there. 

Tits out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master

Desucon 2023 Summary~