Martial Arts Master

Hi everyone!

Today we'll be working on THE iconic fighting game queen Chun Li from Street Fighter 6! Out of all the fighting games, Tekken is definitely closer to my heart actually. I played Street Fighter a little, but sucked at it so bad! :'D I still do, but I do enjoy the characters a lot and the story. Chun Li was also the first female character in fighting game genre! :3

Iconic queen with the thiccest thighs

I'm obsessed with her fr. She has matured a lot, but I'll always remember her like this ❤

We will be starting from the wig. I have this super old dark brown wig from an acquaintance of mine. The cut was a little all over the place, so I was comfortable trying something I've never tried before.. Which is making a normal wig into a twintail wig aka making a middle part in the back! You know how you really can't part a normal wig without any mesh/wefts showing? We're covering that here.

Ewwwwwww

I parted the wig how I wanted and pinned down wefts. The amount of wefts depends on how thick your wig is. Mine has two on each side. Once the wefts were pinned, I sewed them by hand.

Like so!


My stitches are definitely messy, but I didn't worry too much about some of the weft showing once sewn and turned. I repeated the process to the other side too and yeah, the part was uneven. It can be fixed with some basic styling or by pressing the parting with an iron or steamer. I personally teased the sides a little and pressed the visible parts with an iron as neat as I could. Before I could do that though, I did have the repeat the same process to the hairline. Once again I doubled the wefts on the hairline and hand sewed them on. I also added clips all around the wig to secure the fit. The sewing changed the wig cap shape a little.

Mood. I hate hand sewing, but it's done!

Here some clips. I have 4 clips and that one comb thingy? They hold good.

The back finally.

I honestly almost lost it since I couldn't get the wig look nice and crisp like professional wig makers do. I was so disappointed in myself, but my bf reminded me that this was my very first twintail wig I made myself out of a crappy old wig and some wefts. I should be happy I even managed to get it like this. So I calmed down and just rolled with it. I did try to do the very best I can with the styling.


This is my first parting I made on a regular wig, please be nice to me ;;;

It's a little tight on my head, but I can loosen it up by opening one of the clips

For the shoes I just modified an old pair I have. For the decorative part I taped the part the decor/applique would be on and just drew the pattern. After cutting the pattern out I traced it on 2mm craft foam and once again cut it. I glued the foam on fabric trying to make it look neat on top and cut some dashes around, so I can glue to folds to the back. After all that tedious work I just glued to decoration to the shoe!


The base shoes.

Making the decoration :3



Now to the beast that is the dress! I started by patterning the base dress. She has some parts that are completely blue (the sleeve) and also this beautiful pattern! I decided to attempt to paint that pattern on the dress. Really put my painting skills out there! :'D The sleeve and some other random parts connecting to that are cut from stretchy sating fabric I mentioned earlier.

 
Made a sketch before painting

The sleeeeeeeve

*Trsirp!*

AAAAAAAAA

The painting took me waaaay longer than estimated. I started waaayyy before Desucon and finished it a week after. So yeah, this took me forever! I tried to make it look nice and crisp, but did mess the last panel a little. I tried to cover up with white paint though.. Anyway, now that the painting hell is over, I could start sewing! Yay! ´:3

First fit.

I made the pattern from a commercial block I use for pretty much all my patterns. The overall fit is alright, I only had to adjust the neckline. I was feeling myself already even though it wasn't done! XD Next what was to come was bias tape hell again. I've suffered this before with BOTW Zelda, so it was only natural that wasn't going to be my last time...


Sleeeeeeves

Close up of my super rushed and ugly appliques, I ran out of time to make them properly. Don't worry, I'll replace them 😓

For cuffs I used 3mm craft foam and made a base out of that. The base definitely wasn't pretty to look at, but it would be covered in worbla. I tried looking up tutorials on the cuffs, but all of them required 3D printing. I don't have access to one, so I had to be old fashioned here.

Yeah... they look rough, but it'll all be covered in wrobla!

Now some paint~☆

Done!

With the pants I got lazy so I just bought a pair. Color-wise they were quite close to the blue of the dress, so they were okay! Let's get to the final product.
 
Here you can the lining I also added btw! :D

💢💥💪

I don't hate this costume, but I do want to rip some seams open an readjust it. Like the slit could be higher so my thighs would show better. I also would like to make the boobie window bigger, just because :D And of course those ugly ass appliques have to be replaced! I'm waiting with this until we find the stuff we need for my bf's JP-cosplay though. ^^

The man.

Anyway. Chun Li was still very comfortable to wear and I would love to wear her again in the future once it's fixed. :3 I felt cute and got some compliments back in Nekocon, which is always nice to hear. Honestly I'm super proud of my wig! I've never turned a regular wig into a twintail one. It was challenging, but the result was worth it all. Thank you for reading this. I will probably make a part two when I fix the dress (+ other possible tweaks). Bye for now! ^^

Victory! ✩

Comments

  1. You did so well on the wig, I'm so proud of you. ;u; I could never have done that myself lol! No but really, the whole costume looks so pretty and you were super cute (and super cool) in it at Nekocon! GG~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Possible Genshin Impact cosplans

Nekocon 2023 Summary!