Misfit Succubus

 Hi everyone!

Cons are getting closer and closer and I haven't started properly working on anything... until now! We will be making Ix Elizabetta  from Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun!-anime. 


My boyfriend showed me this anime and now it's one of my all time favorites, hands down. If you have a really shitty day, just watch a few episodes of this and you feel much better. It's a feel-good anime with demons and I just can't recommend it enough! Elizabetta is kind of in the background in the beginning, but later on she'll appear more and you will get to know her, I myself fell for her. There are many great characters of course, but I thought this would be perfect for Desucon! I mean succubus in 18+ con? Hell yeah! :D

Love this bimbo!

Starting from the top! I have and old trusty bustier pattern with a sweetheart neckline that I modified. The pink fabric I used for the top used to be Sheena's obi actually (I'm planning to make a new one for her anyway). The whole costume in fact is made out of scrap fabrics and old cosplay parts!  

I will always include my cat in these when possible. She's my biggest helper!

The light pink was a bit sheer, so I doubled it. I don't want anything to show through!

The back piece attached

Uuu yeah! It's starting to look like something! I did end up shortening those purple flaps.

Once I was at that point I added the decorations to the chesticle area. All by hand. My hand stitches aren't the cleanest, but definitely better than they used to be. 


I could've done this before attaching all the top pieces together, but I don't want to redo it. It's gonna look ugly on the inside with the seams and all.

It's very comfy to wear!

I'm also not too happy about the sleeves. I just used my regular sleeve pattern I found and modified a little. What I didn't add was more width. The sleeve ended up being just a little too snug for my liking, but again.. I don't want to redo this now. It has to do now.

no thoughts, head empty

Also I made Elizabetta's collar thingy with the eye. For the eye I actually used this tutorial. I don't have the equipment to work with resin now, so I just drew the eye on paper and covered it with hot glue! :D The result would've been better have I used aluminum foil or some other reflective base. I learned a lot though and it's non toxic way to make stuff like this. :3

👀

I don't know how to get rid of air bubbles, but anyway.

I added a strip off craft foam around it and to the base. Taped the eye part where I didn't want paint and added a layer of gesso. Then started painting the trim with gold acrylic paint. The tape left some glue residue, but I could get rid of that by using a little bit of oil. In my case some cooking oil.

The top part is done!

I also made cuffs!

For the horns I actually own some pdf patterns, but I couldn't print them! I don't have a printer and I don't want to bother my family or friends with this since ink costs, so I made a pattern of my own. I started with making a horn out of fimo in the size I wanted the actual horn to be. To keep the shape I of course had to bake it too.

One single horn

Once the fimo horn was cooled down I wrapped it in plastic wrap vitun elmu kelmu then covered it with tape. Then drew my pattern on the tape and cut it from the seams.

I actually have no idea what I'm doing

Once I cut the pattern, I cleaned it up by drawing it on paper and labeling them so I know how I glue them. Also the pattern lays flat on the foam and will be easier to draw.

I still don't actually know what I'm doing

So I copied the pattern again on foam and glued them together. I used hot glue since I ran out of tacky glue. To get the texture of the horns and cover up the ugly hot glue I just kept gluing strips of foam and cut the edges with exacto knife. Then I gesso'd and painted them! :3


First layer of paint

I painted the first layer with apricot colored acrylic paint and built from there. Added browns, reds whites to give more depth and finished with spray varnish. Did all this outside and of course left the horns dry on my porch table.

There they are!

I then made a wire thingy so the horns could actually stay on my head. The horns are quite light so for them to stay doesn't require too much.I just twisted some wire I have and glued the ends to the inside of a horn. Simple and I can just slip it in my wig and it stays on! I did also consider a hairband, but I didn't find one that would be light enough to blend with my wig. :/ 

Like so

The wig I decided to use is this long blonde wig with a side, almost middle part. The wig was straight, so I wanted to of course give it some waves/curls. I started by parting the wig and started curling it from the bottom. I used a flat iron btw. To get the best curl I had to work with small pieces at a time. Took me whole evening to curl the whole wig.

One curl at a time...

To prevent the wig from tangling too much I sprayed some main and tail -spray for horses. It gives this nice silicone-like surface to the wig. This keeps it nice and neat. :3 Of course you have to detangle it, but it won't be frustrating or take a whole day (or both)!

Finished wig with horns and bow

I also made a bow!

The skirt is pretty straight forward. I didn't have any pattern for it, but I used this one skirt I wear pretty much all the time as my guide. I did originally make it too long, since I didn't take the belt and the ruffles to the count at all.

I should've have hemmed the bottom part before pleating into the skirt, but oh well.

Skirt with the garter. I'll definitely need shorts underneath

Now the garter! I used the same scrap fabrics I used for the top. I've never made one before so I used this as my general guide. :3 First made a long rectangle, long enough to go around my leg. Then two more to make ruffles.

A ruffle mess. 

I hand sewed the ruffles to the actual garter, then just slid elastic to the inside. I think it stays on pretty good since it's not a sock, but we'll see in the con. ^^''

The finished garter on my leg.

Finally! The tail! I had this stretchy piece of red fabric and some 2mm foam. I cut two heart-shaped pieces from the foam and glued them together, leaving a little space in the bottom, so I can connect the tails end from that. I then covered the heart with fabric. Also sewed a long slim tube that I stuffed later.

Here I was mapping out the shapes

Awkward heart and limp noodle

A demon tail! :D And a bow. I have a loop in my skirt so that I can connect the tail.

Now the finished product! ❤


Honestly this is quite a long post and I definitely could've cut this in two parts, but here, have the whole wall of text and pics that makes no sense! :D See ya later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master

Desucon 2023 Summary~