Desucon 2023 Summary~

Hi everyone!
Desucon was held 16.-18.6 this year once again in Sibeliustalo. I got lucky and got the tickets. They sold out super quickly again, but this happens. The capacity is somewhere around 2900-3000 and this community has only grown ever since the pandemic. I tried to think of solutions to make ticket sales easier, but didn't come up with anything. Sure, Desucon could hold one more con, but they have already stated on their website that they are not going to do that since people have lives outside of all this. Honestly understandable, but next June there'll be another con I could try attend if I can't get desu-tickets. 👀

There it is~☆

Me and my boyfriend, whom we'll call Dongrieg, took a train early in the morning and headed to Lahti on Friday, so we would arrive somewhere after noon. On arrival we got some coffee and headed to our hotel, where I changed into cosplay. I was Ix Elizabetta from Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun! that day. I was super nervous, but in that scorching heat, my cosplay of choice seemed to be a good one after all. We should've gotten our tickets first thing, since there was quite the line waiting for us at the venue! Last year we got tickets first, then sleeping accommodation. Good thing we carried water bottles!

Nyoom!

My face!

We waited for about 20-30 minutes until we got in. Which wasn't too horrible, but we did miss the convention opening. We were a little bummed out, so we got some drinks! The bar area served some anime themed drinks once again and we wanted to give them a try!

One of these was "Kill la Gin" and the other was "The curse of Hinamizawa"! :D They were so good!

Con flyer :3

The ticket

The dock area.

Metsähalli :3

After enjoying some drinks and scoping the con area, we decided to take some cosplay pics while my makeup was still on my face! Dongrieg was nice and took the photos. ^^




Honestly I was so nervous to wear something like this! I've always been super insecure of my body, but this was actually ok. In future Summer cons, I think I can wear another revealing cosplay. :3 People complimented me and someone got excited and asked for a photo and even wanted talk about the anime with us. Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun really is a good anime and it's sad that it has to live in the shadows of My Hero Academia. I like both of those series, but I hope more people would give Iruma a chance. :< 

After taking photos and walking my feet were hurting so much and I was sweaty! We had to head back to the hotel, so I could change my shoes and clothes into something more comfortable and fresh. No, I didn't carry them to the con, though I should've. I definitely learned my lesson. :'D I changed into a pink floral yukata and attempted to fix my hair. x) After that, headed back for Desulounge!

;3

Schedule~

One was "Attack on Titan" and the other was called "Blue Period". Both were good! :3

Lounge with a dj. The music was good. Some Japanese City Pop! Love that stuff!

Some live finnish translated anime openings!

Lounge was very nice. We enjoyed a couple drinks and listened to music. The music wasn't too loud, so we could also have a conversation. It felt like a date night for us, which was really nice! We stayed until lounge closed and headed back to hotel. 

It was Saturday noon when we woke up! We had some panels we wanted to see, so I had to hurry a little with my skirtless 2B-cosplay. Of course it's these busy mornings when lenses particularly don't want to cooperate. I still got them on and the costume. This time I used comfy shoes for long walks and comfy clothes I can change into.

Ready~

I didn't know what to do with my makeup and it shows.

First thing we got coffee and went to look through Dealer's Hall and Artist's Alley, since those were not open on Friday. We also soon headed outside to take photos. I was already suffering and I haven't worn the costume for more than an hour. Once again Dongrieg was the photographer. ❤

Next to Maid Café! :D

I was suffering and that shows lol!

When we got some photos taken I got my spare clothes and went straight to dressing room. It was so hot outside and everywhere and the black boots and long sleeved shirt with gloved was a bad idea! Next time I'll wear something lighter. My cosplay was basically glued on me by the sweat. I struggled a little getting out of it. I wasn't the only one suffering though. We had lovely conversations in the dressing room, complaining and groaning. "We are too old for this!" "Desucon 2023 is my Vietnam!" "Mummocon when?" "Boomercon when?" It was so bad. Last year it was not that hot. I could wear long sleeve shirt and a jacket on top and feel fine.

Choom!

We went to Flea Market. There was a bit of a line, but not so bad. I had to wait for about 10 minutes. Didn't find much, but a Pramanix Wig! Snow Leopard waifu will happen in the winter! Dongrieg found 2 games. :3

After shopping we heard the outside area of Maid Café, Terassi was open for everyone, so we went there. We would've gone to Maid Café, but that was reservation only and I couldn't get a spot. Terassi was still very nice and we could still enjoy the drinks from their menu. 

Desucolada (Käärijä drink, named by mom) and Coco ala Pucci :D Both were once again, amazing!

We were having a lot of fun for the day, we ate well and shopped some stuff and even met some friends. Sadly we missed one of the two panels we really wanted to see. We once again waited in line only to be told that the hall was full. We learned our lesson and went about half an hour early for the other panel. This one we simply couldn't miss! "Weirdest customer experiences as a hentai artist". I've been to this persons hentai panels before and just knew this one would be great. I've even bought almost all of their books (including the lewd ones)! Love their work. :3

Seats were also ok! I could see well ^^

The panel was so good and funny. Even though the subject matter was some customers kinks, it was not shaming anyone. Of course there are kinks I don't understand/like, but there's never a need to kink-shame. Also be nice to artists, especially when they say they're not comfortable drawing something you want, there are bunch of other artist's that would love to draw for you.

pog

The hentai panel was last one for the day, so after that we headed back to hotel to have a party of our own. Just the two of us lol. I was considering going to the evening party, but I had leave somewhat early next day.

Nothing much to say about Sunday. We went to Sibeliustalo in the morning one last time to do rest of the shopping, had some coffee and a cupcake and some alcohol-free drinks in Terassi. Then left to the train station.

 Yum!

Double yum!

Some loot. Both books are by Mae Korvensivu :3

Some Artist's Alley loot (+ Desu water bottle)

We really didn't want to leave, but I had to see how my dear cat was doing, so motivation to go home just got greater. I had so much fun in the con and here I want to thank everyone again! Even though it was hot. Next year hopefully we'll be prepared better. For now, I'm working on my next cosplay project. 

Bye everyone! ^^

Comments

  1. Sounds like you two had a great (but super sweaty) time at the con! :D The drinks look yummy too, especially the "Käärijä" one ngl. xD You're so adorbs as Elizabetta äää!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were sweating so much! How we were able to wear a cosplay for 5+ hours in scorching heat like this when we were smol weebs?
      The drinks were soooo good! Really can't wait for next year!
      OMG thank you so much! ääääää ;A;

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Possible Genshin Impact cosplans

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master