Love Hashira, Love Pillar, Love Bug...

 Hi everyone!

My first Demon Slayer cosplay post yay! There are a few characters in this series I want to cosplay, but this time we'll be making the Love Hashira herself, Mitsuri Kanroji! Yay! Let's go!

Starting from the most simple one, the skirt. I used a pleated skirt calculator, and I gotta say it made things so much easier. It's amazing how many resources we have for sewing! The belt is from my closet btw.


It's a skirt!

Here's the belt! :'3

Socks! I decided to knit them since I had the yarns for them. I had to buy a second skein of that green yarn. It's the same brand and color, but I can see a tiny difference with them, the new one being a bit darker. Doesn't bother me though.

Some knitting WIP

Finished! I just need to attach them to shorts or something similar, otherwise the socks will roll down. :(

About the shoes you can see from the image above. They were super uncomfortable to wear and one of them broke in Tracon. I originally made this pair out of some old pair of shoes I was hoarding, but now I just don't feel like making a new pair or even take a look the the old ones lol. Right now I use white high heels I got for Atago. I'm probably going to order a proper pair of cosplay shoes.. unless I feel masochistic and just fix the original pair lol. :'D I never know.

Moving on!

Now to the top part! The white undershirt is modified from a dress shirt I bought second hand.

This is was the starting point.

Making the boobie-window

Black jacket is made from scratch. I just had find a fabric that would be the closest to the skirt. Perfect match was not an option, but I found something that was close enough.


Rough sketch of the kanji

Waiting for the paint to dry


testing the fit, all together

For haori I found white curtains from second hand for like 2€. I thought I had enough white fabrics and yeah, I did, but not enough. ^^''

Here it is! Though, the fabric is quite thick. I might remake the haori out of lighter fabric, but I needed this done for Tracon, so it had to do.

The wig I ordered from Miccostumes. It arrived in about two weeks, which is alright. The wig was just like in the images and there was two kinds of Mitsuri wigs to choose from. One thick/fluffy and then there was this other one with thinner braids. I thought I could save time from wig styling with the thicker/fluffier one, so I ordered just that.

Frigging giant! The wig cap was also quite large! I can't fit it in the bag anymore! XD

Uncut bangs

All I did before Tracon was cut the bangs a little shorter. I was planning to restyle it later. The wig is quite heavy and I did end up getting a headache after wearing it for 2 hours. 

I gotta say though, I felt pretty as wearing the wig. I still don't know how to do cosplay makeup, but still. I felt good that day.

The final result!


I am planning to make a separate post about the little tweaks and improvements on the costume later. In the same post I will write about my prop-making process. I'm still not sure how I'm going to approach the "sword", since it's more like a whip, but that is future me's problem. :'D See ya later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Possible Genshin Impact cosplans

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Desucon 2023 Summary~