Guildmarm/Sophia WIP 3 - Finale

 Hello everyone!

I finally did it! I finished Guildmarm! Took me a long time, but here she finally is! I'm going to talk about the rest I had to make and show the finished result, so let's go!

So last time I finished the undershirt, pants and whatnot, lol. This time it's the huge red belt and the cuuute little froggy-bag aaa!

cutieeee~❤

With the belt I decided to go with the oldest trick, foam covered in fabric! I cut out 3mm strips of foam and glued them together. This would be the base of the belt. Then I took shiny-ish red fabric I had and covered the foam with it. I first top stitched and then added some glue to the wrong side for extra secure. The inside looks ugly, but it's not going to be visible, so no worries.

Here is she

I added some eyelets

The belt buckle and whatever that part is on the end of the belt are both made out of foam. Some 3mm craft foam, cut and glued with contact glue, then covered in gesso (2-3 layers). Lastly painted and varnished. :3
There is the buckle, It's a little larger than intended, but still kinda works. ^^

Both parts painted, but not yet varnished.

Once the varnish dried out, I glued the decorative-end-belt-part and just added the buckle. The foam is not strong enough to hold as an actual buckle, so I did the same thing as Kamui Cosplay, and used velcro for closing! :D The buckle is purely decorative.

The foam parts definitely aren't as clean and crisp as they could be, but I'm happy I was able to finish! :)

Next up is the froggy bag! I was saving the best for last, hehe. Again I used the same techniques as Kamui Cosplay. I free-handed the pattern on paper and then cut the needed parts from felt fabric.

The reference 

My fabrics of choice

The pattern looks super funky. :'D

The front part, belly and pocket sewn on.

After I got the front part to this point, I sewed in the zipper and also arms and legs. The top of the head joined last I think, once that was done I stitched front- and backpart together, right sides together. The zipper "mouth" was big enough to turn the whole thing inside out.

He is taking form

After that, I added some buttons and gave him a face! :3 Once he was almost done I added some stuffing inside to give him some softness and finally sewed in the lining!

nomnomnom

aaaaaaaaaaa

The very final touch was the strap to the back, so he can hang from the belt. Finally, my favorite part was done!

He be hanging

ey man

I can't describe how much I love him. This dude was one of the biggest reasons to cosplay our favorite Guildmarm. Sure he looks funky/nothing like the reference, but I'm happy with him! He's adorable! Also big enough to hold my phone, charger and wallet! Very convenient. :'D Also I named him Slippy.

Let's see the final result! 

Mirror Sophie Selfie

I still don't know what to do with makeup. I decided to ditch the lenses though. Also the wig is still a little all over the place. Gonna try and make it more crisp for con or photoshoot.

The glasses are actually my boyfriend's Percival De Rolo-cosplay glasses lol. I think they look good!

uwu

Say hello to my froggy friend!

Aaaah! I'm just so happy I finally finished her! Not sure which con I'll debut her first though, probably Kummacon since it's the next con I'm attending. Also it wouldn't be too hot, this costume is far from Summer friendly.. We'll see! Until we meet again!

Comments

  1. Omg this came out great! And the froggy bag is way too cute I can't aaaaa— ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAAAA Thank you! ;_; Froggy bag really is the star of this costume!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master

Desucon 2023 Summary~