Casual Saber

 Hi everyone!

If you know me, you know I've been in Fate-hole for quite some time! I've always liked Saber's design in Stay/Night, the armor is just iconic! Regardless, that's not what we're making today. I need a simple/comfortable costume to bring with me to this years cons, so I looked at different versions of Saber (there's so many!) and ended up with this....

Here she is!

I already have the shirt, stockings, shoes and a wig. All I had to sew was the skirt and the bows. Easy! 

With the skirt I kinda winged it. I made a rough pattern, but ended up having to add side panels, since the result resembled more a pencil skirt. Easy fix though! 

Testing testing...

lil bow to the back :3

If you see dust/cat hair, no you don't.

The wig is actually a Jean (Genshin Impact) -character wig from MyCostumes. I have thought about cosplaying Jean before and before I styled the wig I tested it on (I had to trim the bangs a little) and did a quick makeup test. I had a lot of fun and was a bit surprised how much I enjoyed Jean already! I honestly might add her to my cosplay list! :D

The lighting isn't great, but you get the idea.

For wig styling I just turned the ponytail into a bun and wrapped a braid around it. I straightened and cut the sides a little, not too much so I can re-curl them for Jean. :3 I also trimmed the bangs a little more. 

Looks messy, but that's best I could do now ;_;

Shoes are from my closet, they're not perfect, but close enough! So close that all I could do is change the shoelace to brown and it would be almost perfect!

These are sooooo comfortable to wear!

Here's the finished product :D


I felt cute, not gonna lie :3


I'm still planning on making Saber's excalibur for this. I'm gonna make at least one other version of her and I'm gonna need the sword anyway. :3

See ya later!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for simple cosplays especially in the warmer months! Lugging around thick material isn't fun. This one honestly looks simple enough to be a daily outfit as I don't think many people would realize it's a cosplay. I also love the bun! It came out super cute. 💖

    https://nightcity.fm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've started so many complex cosplays and never finished them ^^'' That's not the case with simpler costumes though! x) It's definitely a cute outfit! I'd love to wear that skirt more often. Thank you so much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Possible Genshin Impact cosplans

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master