How to make your wig fluffy/thick!

 It's another wig-related post~ Whoooo~


I was working on Impa's wig (more on her later) one night. I originally thought I could use Paya's wig, but her hair is way shorter and again, I wasn't really happy with the styling anyway, so I bought a "dream line" wig from Punanaamio. Yeah I know, literally all finnish cosplayers are probably cringing right now, but on their website they promised these wigs are heat resistant, so I decided to give it a go. The wig arrived pretty fast, so props on that! The wig itself though, was very thin, though isn't anything new with white wigs, so instead of buying another one, I wanted to try crimping this bad boy! The wig I bought was this one in white btw.

I've seen UmbraWigs/Maddie crimp the wigs to get extra volume, so I wanted to give that a try too. I absolutely adore her work, she gives such an inspiration boost. <3

This was the wig. It's a little shiny, but since I was going to "destroy" the fibers anyway, shiny-ness was gonna go down, and even if not it's fairly easy to fix with chalk. 

This is what the wig looked from the back of the head. it's very thin and wefts are very visible. Not a fan. I honestly wasn't sure if this could be covered with just crimping, but I wanted to try.

This is my crimping iron. It's quite small, but it does the job! It's also perfect to give volume to hair by just crimping the root. This method also works for wigs too if you need that little extra lift!

This is what a hair piece looks like when it's crimped. My crimping iron doesn't have heat adjustment, so I have no idea how hot it gets. I was sure it would melt my wig, but turned out it looks just fine!

Bottom half crimped

The crimp/texture doesn't show this much after you brush the fibers open. Kind of like when you curl hair and brush it open. If in your opinion the wig is too frizzy/fluffy, you can try to use a flatiron. I used it to smooth out the top part at least a little bit. I also suggest you cut the wig after crimping since the hair lifts up, so the bangs you cut before might lift up and look too short. Styling the wig is quite easy though, especially doing things like updo's or massive braids!

Btw, this is the back of the head after crimping the top part! Covered the wefts pretty well IMO. :3


At last, here's the result! I honestly love how fluffy and soft the wig is, it was so much fun to style her, though cutting the bangs was a little bit tricky now that it's super thicc! >:3 I managed though so it's cool!


This was it for now! More cosplay progress later. :3c See ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Possible Genshin Impact cosplans

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master