Papaya Girl part 3

Hello!

Back to Paya! This time I started working on the jacket. It's pretty much kimono-like, but the red collar goes criss-cross applesauce in the middle. I took a look at other cosplayers to see how they have done it just give me an idea how I should approach it.

Reference

I hope you see what I mean about the collar.. The fabric itself provided from dad's old winter suit that he gave me for material donor since he didn't have any use for it at all. I'm very thankful for that! The winter suit is basically just large coat and pants, it was somewhat easy to pattern that. I just needed to chip off a few cm's from here and there and that was it actually. :D

 The coat, in pieces, yeeted on the floor...

testing.. fitting

Once I was okay with the fitting I made the details, the red stripes on the sleeves, the "cape" on the back and the collar. The sleeve details I just winged basically. The first version I made was too short (only a little over my shoulder) and the one I have now is good, looking at it now though it could be a little shorter, but I'll leave it be. It doesn't bother me too much. ^_^

The stripes

The "head", fitting to the end of the stripe
(don't mind the stain)

Sleeeeeeve

After this I sewed the jacket before moving on to the next detail. I was happy how well the jacket sits on me, it's also super soft and comfy to wear! <3


Here I was fitting the "cape" part on the back, it could've been a little longer, but I just didn't have enough fabric for that. It's going to get covered by the wig though so the wrong length doesn't bother me too much.

It also turned into a decent beard :D

On to the collar! The collar itself wasn't too much of a problem to make, it was the crossing part that I wasn't sure about.

 First testing/fitting
nvm the stuff behind lol

After testing and adjusting I sewed the collar on, so now it's kinda like a pullover x) Pretty comfy one really! ^^ The jacket/pullover is almost done at this point. I just had to hem the thing and add details like buttons to the "eye" parts of the sleeve and red laces.


Woohoo! We are not stopping here though! x) There is still the.. err...under layer? I'm not sure how to call it...

Yeeeah..

I had some scraps that was left from the jacket so I used just that to that layer. I also made sure I had enough red fabric from the details.

Testing 1, 2 ,3

There it lies

Woop, woop

There is definitely still some details I need to work on, but other than that I consider the jacket done. Next will be the belt, gloves and maybe the leggings~ :D We'll see!


Comments

  1. This is coming along so well! Good job! :D Heck yeah for fabric donors lol.

    Also, dunno if just me but the more I look at that reference the more confused I get how some parts actually work. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D

      Yeah I've been staring at that ref pic plus game screenshots and trying to make sense out of it... XD Just hoping that the finished costume isn't going to be just as confusing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master

Desucon 2023 Summary~