Cucco farmer part 4!

Cucco!

In this post I'm just updating what has been up with Linkle. I haven't talked about it anywhere except in my IG. And even there not that much really. Sooo here's what I've been working on, let's go!

First off the boots. I was super scared to work on boot covers. I think I've made shoe covers once, and they didn't look good or even hold, so I guess that's where the intimidation mainly came from. Then again that was my early stage of cosplaying, my skill level has increased and it certainly was time to overcome my failures! With planning and researching different ways of making boot covers, I think I got an idea what to do.

I got this stretchy faux leather for cheap thanks Kangaskukkula. Sure it was a little darker than I planned originally, but I really don't feel like ordering fabrics online. Only option is just roll with it and work on what fabric stores around me has. I don't mind sacrificing accuracy that much. ^^

I drew my patterns and transfered them to the fabric. I over-estimated the thickness of my legs, so I had to take a little more in and change pins positions. Hey, better too big than too small, right? :'D


This is how they looked during the first fitting. I wanted the boots to be at least a little more snug on my legs...

The shoes I used as my base. Found from second hand store for 50 cents :'D
They're very comfortable and light.

Once I sewed the pieces together by hand (took me about 4-5 hours) I glued the faux leather to the base shoe. Here's the result...

These boots are made for walking~

 I still need to add the top part and the armors to the boots. I made the armors last Summer out of EVA foam. I just had to wait until I'd get the material for the shoe since they are same colored.

This what I mean...

And here's what I have. I used two layers gesso as primer don't have a pic of that.

And that's not all!
I also started on the crossbows. I basically just glued pieces of a yoga mat together. That will be my base. I'll cover it up with paper mache probably. Not sure yet, heh.

A little paper mock-up~



 Looks a little rough, but after these pics were taken I already cleaned them up. :3 I also added markings for the details and the magnets. Let's hope this will work! :'D

This all for now. More on the boots later most likely.

Never stop the madness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Possible Genshin Impact cosplans

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Desucon 2023 Summary~