Getting started on Retsuko! Making furry ears

Greetings!

Not much progress on Linkle sadly, been sick for a while so I'm kinda lacking energy to do much. Only thing I got done regarding cosplay is Retsuko's ears. I'm not making a full on fursuit, just ears and tail, heh. I've done one pair of ears in the past, but I feel like they're not up to my standards anymore. I had to do a bit of research from other cosplayers and especially furries! I mainly used this tutorial I found on YouTube. That said, here's my take on the ears! 


I started by sketching different kinds of patterns for ears until I found one that worked for me -> I cut the pattern out and tested on my head, perfecting the fit and possibly modify to my liking.


When satisfied with the pattern, I copied and cut it on EVA foam, then copied the pattern once more on a fabric that comes to the inside of the ear. You can of course paint the foam too, but I lack paints so I prefer using fabric, lol. 
After that I glued an iron wire the back, this way I can bend the ear how I want. I don't have to worry about the foam loosing it's shape.


Now on to the fur! I used the pattern and copied it to the fur fabric leaving 1-1.5 cm allowance around it (make sure to mirror the pattern when cutting) and cut it with a.. cutter. No scissors!
Then I glued it on to the foam like this ->

I hope you understand what I mean, I'm bad at explaining lol!

After the fur is attached, it looked like a fluffy mess!


Shaving this was a little bit scary since I didn't want to cut too much of it yhh. I started off with scissors and then with a razor to conceal all the painfully obvious scissor work...

After all that, they're done! Now all they need is a pair of hair clips so I can attach them to the wig!

Retsuko is gonna get done soon. It is a nice and simple cosplay to make. The clothes (the vest and skirt) I'm gonna take materials from an older cosplay. It's fine really since it didn't fit me all that well and the work over-all is sloppy, so I wasn't even planning on reusing it nor remaking it. Wanna know which cosplay? Stay tuned for that!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Possible Genshin Impact cosplans

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Desucon 2023 Summary~