Chibicon Oulu 2018!

Hi fellow kids!

I went to Chibicon last weekend in Oulu, Pohjankartano! This time my boyfriend Kim and a friend of mine, Pipatius as my company. Trip started early Saturday morning since my car have been acting up and I didn't dare to drive to Oulu with it.. so I left my car to my dad so he can check what's wrong. My Donald Duck kind of luck. Me and Kim walked to the bus stop near us and soon, deeper in Simo, Pipatius would join us in the same bus. Nothing interesting happened during the trip. We just snacked and talked shit as per usual. :) I was very happy spending time with Pipatius, my school work have been eating me up with early mornings and days that seem to never end, it was really therapeutic talking to a friend. <3


I remember getting to the convention building, seeing the line to get tickets. It was long and it was a bit chilly outside, but hey, that's all about how you dress up. I didn't feel like putting on a cosplay. Originally I was planning to cosplay as Willow from Don't Starve!, but I was way too sleepy in the morning and decided to wear casual, and I'm glad I did since we ended up walking around Oulu for a while during the convention. I sadly don't have pics from the con, the loot is all I have pics of, haha.  

The convention wristband

Once we got our wristband/tickets, all three of us went to explore the convention, it didn't take us too much time to go check everything, but hey, it is called "Chibicon" for a reason! x) 
Me and Pipatius knew that most, if not all of our convention loot would be from Artist Alley, and yeah, ended up being right about that, heh. 

This adorable kitty-keychain was a must-have! Reminds me a lot of a certain fluff butt :'3
Artist: Koomalaama

My first Dungeons and Dragons-character was a bard, so yeah.
It was also very nice to throw jokes about DnD with the artist :)

Artist: ??? (please send me links)

Had to choose between this and Rose Quartz from Steven Universe.. basically "waifu or waifu?"-question. :'D

Artist: ??? (Links plox)

I gasped when I saw this beautiful print of Nanachi and Mitty from Made in Abyss ;;__;;
Also the cat stickers <333 ;;___;; So cute!

Artist: Kisuette

I wanted more keychains and this Lynx was just so beautiful to me ;w; 
The card was also sooo cute! <3 


Bought these two for me and Kim, since we both like Danganronpa. ^^ The stickers are now on our DS's :)

Artist: Elontaival

At 12.00 I remember there was AMV-competition that all three of us decided to go see. My personal favorite was by Anodeemus, "Kazuman Kaatikset - Konosuba" x)

Lived for the edits xD

Overall the convention was fun, we spotted Shiro Samurai at some point too! Some time after he sent me a message asking to hang out with him during a small break he had, but we were out town eating and checking a few stores. ^^'' I am so sorry about that! Let's do better next time! :'D

The convention and the chats I had with the artist's from AA really sparked an inspiration for me to draw more and maybe some day, some convention, sell my own stuff in the AA. :)

That's all for now, bye!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nekocon 2023 Summary!

Martial Arts Master

Desucon 2023 Summary~